PMT Style Challenge

Wednesday, January 14, 2015



One of my favorite style blogs, Putting Me Together, is hosting a style challenge for the new year!  I'm so excited to participate because winter break put me in a bit of a clothes rut.  Not that I regret wearing yoga pants/ leggings/ pajamas for three weeks straight.  Not for one second.  But this quarter I'm desperately trying to look a little more put together. 


You see, I'm a big believer of the "dress well to test well" mentality.  When I have a particularly long or stressful day I find I'm much better able to tackle it head on if I feel good about the way I look.  I know that may come across as shallow, but seeing as I have class from 8am to 9:30 pm on Thursdays I'll do whatever I can to get a little extra boost of motivation and energy.


The first challenge was simply to wear a dress.  It seemed easy enough until I realized I haven't actually worn a dress in about three months!  Most of my dresses are either super summery sundresses or fancy cocktail dresses.  This is one of my few "in between" options and I love how easy it is to dress up or down.  It has worked great for all seasons (well, Los Angeles seasons at least) and is perfect for layering.


If you're looking for an excuse to find more inspiration in your wardrobe head over to Putting Me Together and join in the challenge!  Let me know if you do in the comments section- I'd love to see what you come up with  :)

dress: Modcloth 
chambray: Macy's (similar here)
necklace: old, similar here 
watch: via steinmart (similar here)
boots: old navy

3 comments

  1. Yes!! I love how you layered that dress. I'm doing the style challenge too:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, awesome! I can't wait to see your posts!!

      Delete
  2. I love your outfit! I've never considered a button-down UNDER a dress, but it actually looks really good! :)

    ReplyDelete