Beer Tasting Party

Monday, April 7, 2014

In honor of Tyler's birthday we threw a little semi-surprise beer tasting party on Saturday.  I say semi-surprise because he didn't know it was happening until a few days ago. I knew that there was no way I could get him out of the house long enough for me to set up a party without him figuring it out, but I held out telling him for as long as possible.

Fun fact: Tyler is a homebrewer.  He has brewed over 15 batches of beer (that's 75 gallons!) and has become quite good at it.  We really enjoy visiting breweries and tasting all the different types of beers so I thought it'd be fun to throw a little tasting party of our own.  Ty picked out 6 different types of beers for people to try (one of which was a home brew of his!) and we covered up the labels.  I made up tasting cards for people to write notes and rank their favorites.  It was a blast!  I didn't get any pictures of the actual party- I was too busy stuffing my face with queso and tres leches cake.







Get this free printable here






We had a packed house and full hearts.  We are blessed with such fantastic friends and there's nothing better than getting to celebrate with them all at once!


8 comments

  1. That sounds like so much fun! Daniel's birthday is this weekend and I have been racking my brain for something to do - I might be stealing this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SUCH a fun idea and gives me a good idea for my husband's bday next month! You're so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great idea! Great job with all the decor!

    ReplyDelete