Life Lately

Monday, March 10, 2014


Looking over my past few blog posts I see that it's been awhile since I've actually shared anything really personal, and for that I apologize.  I want for this to be a space that fosters openness and vulnerability, and it can't very well be that if I'm not open and vulnerable, now can it?

The past few weeks have been a bit of a daze, mostly because I've had this nagging sleepiness that has lingered throughout my day.  For the first week it was straight-up exhaustion; I was having to leave work to go home and nap for hours.  It has gotten less severe, but I still walk through my day in this semi-groggy haze that I just can't seem to shake.  I'm going to the doctor's office today and, to be honest, I'm completely terrified.  The last time I went to a doctor for something that was bothering me was about a year and a half ago, and I was told I might have cancer.  I didn't, (praise God!!) but those words left me scarred.  My mind automatically jumps to the worst case scenario in every situation.  I've been avoiding the doctor for a couple of weeks now but I can't put it off any longer.  The fear will not win out.  My therapist once told me that fear is mostly a memory; most of the time the things we fear aren't actual threats, but rather things we've been conditioned to be afraid of.  Spiders, heights, and this morning, doctors.  The good news is that the best way to rid ourselves of those fears is to face them head on! So onward we go...

On a brighter side, March is looking to be such a lovely month.  I am SO happy that daylight savings time has arrived.  Much as I'd like to pretend I'm a rain-loving Fall type of girl, my heart is happiest when I'm barefoot and in cutoffs and eating on the porch and it stays light late into the evening.  Summer girl, right here. The month is brimming with birthdays and coffee dates (including my first-ever blogger date!) and celebrations.  There is a whole heckuva lot to look forward to.  There is a whole heckuva lot to be thankful for.

6 comments

  1. Hope every thing goes well with the doctor! I'll be sending a little prayer your way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you get to feeling better and more energetic soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rachel! I think things are looking up :)

      Delete
  3. I'm a Summer Girl through and through - bring on the sunshine and the sundresses! Praying that you find your energy again - and that the doctor is not so scary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny! It was much easier than I thought it would be :)

      Delete