Friday Favorites

Friday, March 7, 2014



Heavens to Betsy, am I ever glad it's Friday.  Our week started out with a really stressful house-sitting situation (who knew house-sitting could be stressful?) and I feel like I've been off my game ever since.  Real talk: I think we had takeout or takeout leftovers or mooched off someone else's takeout pretty much every night this week.  I know for certain that I didn't set foot in the kitchen, and if my memory serves me correctly I think one night my dinner consisted of a pack of Mentos.  My checkbook and waistline are none too happy but sometimes that's just how it goes, right?  I'm hoping that a restful weekend will help me get back into a healthier and more normal routine next week.

Anyway, since I haven't had anything really decent to contribute to the internet in quite some time, let me lead you to some people and places that have:

  • I've been thinking about this post from Jenny all week.  How can we be intentional about building friendships with people who are different from us?  Tough question.
  • Speaking of cooking, I just discovered Jacob Bromwell and I'm obsessed.  Give me something that makes me feel like The Pioneer Woman and I'm totally sold.
  • According to this quiz I am a fat indoor cat, so no surprises there.
  • A giveaway! That I totally forgot I was cohosting... 

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.  Next week it's back to regularly scheduled programming.  Pinkie promise.

12 comments

  1. I'm sure you're going to really enjoy the weekend then! I hope you're able to rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hope you can rest up this weekend! i have not been getting enough sleep lately, and i am paying for it. nothing like a good night's sleep. and thanks for the shootout! i love making my monthly mixes and it's encouraging to know someone besides me appreciates them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them! I'm a total sucker for new-to-me music :)

      Delete
  3. The weekends are perfect for recharging! In fact, my bed is calling me right now... Thanks for sharing my post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your little collection--off to check out a couple of these posts, now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love buzzfeed quizes! I just took the quiz. Scottish Fold! It was spot on, it questioned whether I was a dog. Thank you so much for the shout out! Can't wait to see your cooking creations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes, buzzfeed quizzes are so entertaining. I can't wait to share my recipe!!

      Delete