Summer Fever

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

The weather here in LA has been cooler this week than it has been in a long time... and by "cooler" I mean it's been in the 60's.  We had about a month of 80-90 degree days and, though I briefly mourned the lack of a proper winter, by then end of it I was pretty geared up for Summer.

You see... I've always been a Summer girl.  Don't get me wrong, I love the newness of Fall and going up to the mountains in the Winter, but Summer has always sort of been my thing.  I love cookouts and waterskiing at the lake and playing at the beach and never wearing shoes.

I'm heading out to Arizona this weekend for a girls' weekend at the river and I can't wait to lay out by the shore and sip sangria.  I've got my eye on a few pieces for the warm weather ahead and even though we are on a budget a girl can still dream, right?



What about you? What's on your wishlist this season?

6 comments

  1. I am totally a Summer girl. I actually grew up in the tropics. And I am craving warm weather badly!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I bet growing up in the tropics was amazing!

      Delete
  2. I wish it was warm here. While it's not quite as cold in Houston as it is in other parts of the country, I am craving the heat. With family born and bred in the Caribbean, it's only natural that I love sand and salty sea water-shoot I'd live right by the beach if I could!! ...not Galveston beach though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Family born and bred in the Caribbean!? That sounds like a dream!!

      Delete
  3. We are kindred spirits - unfortunately the weather hasn't risen above freezing this week. I spend a majority of the time wishing it was summer and I can stop wearing pants and tights and lay by the pool. Soak up some sun for me in Arizona, please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh, I'm so sorry to hear that! Stay warm, friend!! xo

      Delete