Love Notes

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Tyler and I have a little history of writing love notes.  When we first started dating he was playing volleyball and whenever he'd leave for a trip I would send him off with a letter to open each day he was gone.  When I left for a month-long trip to India he sent me multiple emails a day and then made a word cloud on canvas of all of our emails.  It wasn't uncommon for us to leave cards on each other's windshields just to let the other know we were thinking about them.  On our way to the grand canyon, where hours later he would propose, Tyler gave me a new letter to open every 20 miles.  Needless to say, expressing our love in writing has been instrumental in keeping us close and connected over the past four years!


It can be so easy to skip over the little things and settle into a comfortable routine in a marriage, but I'm learning how important it is to keep those little traditions alive.  When I look back at that canvas or at those cards I'm immediately reminded of why I married this awesome man.  For Valentine's Day this year I wanted to find a new and creative way to put my feelings into writing.  I found this sweet little photo easel on Tiny Prints and fell in love.


We did a low key Valentine's dinner at home since we were leaving the next morning for Cambria.  I lit some candles, made some short ribs with garlic mashed potatoes & lobster tails, and set the table with the easel at the centerpiece.  I love that it was another opportunity to reuse our wedding photos and the re-writable surface allows us to change up the message.  For now Tyler has it sitting on his desk at work and he loves having that daily reminder that I'm thinking of him.


I'm trying to get better at finding little ways to show my affection for Ty.  Printing pictures, writing love notes, and giving each other small gifts may seem like little things but I'm learning more and more how important those little things really are.

What are some little ways that you show the people around you that you love them?


10 comments

  1. Love notes are big for us. I found out that I wanted to save all of the notes Angel wrote me so we ended up getting a journal that we write to each other in, or if we write a note on something else I paste it into the journal--I love having that to look back on as the years fly by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet!! We used to write love notes when we were dating but haven't really done that much in the last seven years we've been married. I'm totally going to start this up again. Thanks for the great reminder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome! It's something I need to remind myself of often, too...

      Delete
  3. This is so cute! I can't wait to feel that way about some one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks! Though it doesn't come without challenges, it's a pretty neat feeling :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I'll bet you guys have some wonderful letters from throughout Tom's deployment! Those will be so amazing to show your kids someday :)

      Delete