Galentine's Day

Monday, February 24, 2014


A few weeks ago I won an Instagram contest from a local hair salon called Hello Darling for a blowout for myself and a friend .  The owner, Lauren, was friends with Katie from A Worker At Home so I knew she had to be amazing.  My friend Casey and I headed over to her home salon the day before Valentine's Day for a little "Galentine's" pampering date.  We had a great time getting all spiffed up, sipping mimosas, and learning more about Lauren and her company.



After getting married last year, Lauren developed a passion for bridal styling.  She opened her salon in September to create a fun space for brides to come that had the classy feel of an upscale bridal shop, yet the peaceful environment of your best friend's house (spoiler: that's exactly what it feels like!)



Lauren said that after being a bride herself she finally understood all of the excitement and emotions that go into planning that big day.  She wanted to be someone who could walk alongside brides throughout that crazy/ exciting/ stressful process and make them feel beautiful and confident through all of it.  She explained that being the bride's hairstylist is such a special role because she gets to be with her first thing in the morning and help put her at peace for the rest of the day.



Lauren's best hair advice for brides-to-be? "Make sure you are on the same page as your stylist! When people walk away unhappy it's most often because of a miscommunication.  Come ready with ideas and pictures and ask yourself why you like the styles you chose.  The more time you spend in your consultation the more likely you are to get the style that you want."















Lauren, thank you so much for providing Casey and me with such a fun and relaxing day.  Your joy and positive outlook on life are contagious and I'm so glad to know you.  My split ends and I will be giving you a call soon....



Lauren is available for bridal styling as well as cuts & colors. If you live in the Burbank area I highly recommend getting in touch with her! You can check her out on Instagram here, shoot her an email here, or give her a call at 818.632.2375.

12 comments

  1. Aww! That sounds like a fun experience and both of ya'll's styles turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Rachel! I wish I could get it to look like that every day haha

      Delete
  2. Wow, your hair looks amazing! I wish I lived in the Burbank area!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That protein treatment she put on my hair made it feel so soft and healthy! I think it was called Malibu C Treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair looks gorgeous! What an amazing giveaway to win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chantel! I never go to hair salons so it was quite the treat :)

      Delete