The Great Christmas Exchange 2013

Friday, January 10, 2014

Last month I participated in a fun little thing called The Great Christmas Exchange.  It was such a great experience!  Beth and Samantha did such a great job of organizing a fun way to get to know other bloggers without adding stress to an already stressful season.  Sometimes when I sign up for things like this I find myself overwhelmed with the lists of rules and regulations but I really enjoyed the simplicity of this exchange.  The rules were simple- get to know another blogger, keep your identity a secret, and send them a Christmas present that will bless them.  It was a blast!  I had the privilege of stalking perusing Keizra's blog at 27th and Luxe.  Wow, talk about lovely! She blogs about faith, style, and design.  I had so much fun getting to know her more and had a lot of fun shopping for her.  I sent her a gold sparkly nail polish (for her love of all things white & gold), a statement necklace from forever 21, a compact mirror, a couple packs of her favorite candy, and two "his and hers" ornaments- one for her and one for her fiance.

I forgot to take a picture so I'm borrowing this one from 27th&Luxe

When my lovely package came in the mail I was a bit confused... wait... Shayla Cornett... why do I know that name?  Oh, that's right, because I'm already following obsessed with her blog and have plans to buy one of her mobiles whenever we have a baby.  Minor fangirling happening over here.  I really truly wish I had taken pictures of her lovely wrapping job (gold glitter washi tape? my kind of girl... head over to her blog to see pictures) but I have the patience of a 5 year old on Christmas morning so the paper was off before I could even think about grabbing the camera.

Seasonal recipes for small, intimate dinner parties?? It's like she's known me for years!  I stayed up into the wee hours of the night pouring over each and every recipe and melting over the gorgeous photos.




  My favorite part of this gift was the family recipe that Shayla included.  To me, family recipes are sort of intimate- like a teeny tiny glimpse into the system in which you were raised.  I am often hesitant to share my family's recipes because they feel like a secret, hidden gem that I can treasure and keep all to myself.  That being said, I was honored & touched that she chose to share one of her family's recipes with me.




Thank you so much, Shayla, for the thoughtful gift.  And thanks to Beth & Sam for hosting such a lovely exchange! I'm already looking forward to round 2!

3 comments

  1. This is so great! I'm so glad you participated! Love the gifts you sent and received! And I love your fangirl comment, that was the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for facilitating, Samantha. It was a blast!

      Delete
  2. that book looks wonderful!! everything is so fun!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete