Currently On Repeat

Thursday, January 30, 2014

It's been awhile since I've done one of these.  I have a post about struggles with anxiety and depression that I've been trying to write all week, but the words that I keep writing just don't seem right.  Too long. Too short. Not eloquent enough. Trying too hard to be funny (story of my life) Do you ever feel that way about blog posts?

Anywho, an Ed Sheeran cover of this song has been popping up on Pandora a lot lately but I will always love this Wailin' Jenny's version best.  It takes me back to Scotland and that makes my heart very, very happy.

4 comments

  1. what a beautiful song. thank you for sharing. and take your time writing that particular post. sometimes it helps to leave it be for a few days and come back to it with fresh eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for that encouragement, Lacey! It means a whole lot.

      Delete
  2. Haha I do the same thing with heavier posts. I try to infuse funny so it is not too somber. Sometimes it works for me, but most of the time it doesn't so things stay in the draft pile for a long time. Take all the time you need friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that encouragement, Steph! I actually ended up writing that post the following Monday. (http://thejayneses.blogspot.com/2014/02/french-bread-and-living-with-intention.html) It's a good feeling to get your emotions out on (virtual) paper, but sometimes it just takes a bit of time to find the right words.

      Delete