Weekend Edition (a few days late)

Wednesday, October 30, 2013


It's officially "midterms week" so most of my time as of late has been devoted to studying, cleaning in order to procrastinate studying, and sleeping.  Blogging and eating have taken a bit of a backseat, hence the lateness on this update!  We had a lovely weekend that included 2 date nights (!!) and visits with friends.  It was nice to pull my nose out of my textbook and spend some time being social.

We went out to one of our favorite new spots in Echo Park called Sunset Beer Co.  I took a tip from Caitlin's post and experimented with layering.   I took my first mirror selfie since the days of myspace.  It's the little things, ya know?  



I got to visit my best friend and her daughter.  I admit I'm biased, but I think she may just be the cutest baby in the whole wide world.  I can't get over those cheeks.


It's so neat getting to see someone that you've known for so long in their new roles.  Katie is such a fantastic mother and I love seeing Aryn's face light up when she sees her!



Saturday night we went to see Zac Brown Band at the Hollywood Bowl.  I never thought I'd enjoy a country concert so much but they are incredible performers and we had so much fun dancing and singing along and trying not to get a contact high from the dudes in front of us.


Sunday we napped & studied.


Then something glorious happened- WE CAUGHT THE RAT! Glory Hallelujah!! Tyler spent all day yesterday pulling apart our oven and scrubbing down the insides.... what a guy.  I sure did luck out with this one.


Now I just need to get through 2 midterms and 1 project and we're off to Cambria for a much-deserved vacation.
Thanks for reading!

4 comments

  1. Yes -- your outfit is totally adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caitlin! And I totally forgot to link to your post when I wrote this, but I just did it!

      Delete