Soulhome.

Thursday, September 26, 2013


When I was 19 I visited Scotland, and while I was there I wrote this in my journal:


"It feels like I belong here... if people have soulmates, then I think it's possible to have a soulhome too.  I know we'll never feel fully at home while on this earth but I think there are some places where each person's soul feels a little closer to heaven."

That is the exact feeling I experienced upon returning to Chicago.  Ty and I both are fully enamored with that city that we once called home.


Don't get me wrong.  We love our lives in Los Angeles and could never in good conscience complain about living in California.  But there is a part of our hearts that will always live in the windy city, and we are happy for any excuse to go back.  Here are some photos from our trip.

the University Club- an exclusive old club in downtown where our friends got married.







Celebrating my uncle's birthday at Topolobampo



The "work" portion of the trip included bald eagle demonstrations...
...and holding baby ducks.  I guess my job is okay.

If I had a private jet I might just fly to Ipsento every weekend for a Cardamom Rose Latte.
my old apartment


my cute grandparents


It was so wonderful getting to show off some of our favorite spots to our family.  Chicago, you can be sure that we'll be seeing you again soon.

Thanks for reading!

No comments

Post a Comment