Cara Box + Liebster

Monday, August 26, 2013


When I first began blogging I had no idea about the new world I was stepping into.  I never would have dreamed that there was a whole community wrapped up in this simple hobby (or career, for some!) and I never imagined I would meet such amazing people through this medium.

Last month I signed up for the Cara Box Exchange.  In a nutshell, you get paired up with two other bloggers and spend a month getting to know them.  I was paired up with Caitlin from Voguish at Best and Stephanie from Real Army Wife.  I feel like both of them are my kindred spirits!  It has been such a joy getting to know both of them and being able to share my thoughts and experiences with them.  I feel like I have gained more than just pen pals- I've gained two new friends. 


The box that Caitlin sent me was unreal.  You would think this girl has known me for years!  Every item had so much thought and creativity put into it. 

Pizza and Candles are my love languages
Caitlin asked who my celebrity crush was and I said Tina Fey.  So stoked on this!

She also has the cutest etsy shop ever.  Check it out here!
darling notecards + journal
favorite favorite favorite.  That's Chicago! Is she talented or what?
I feel so blessed to have gotten to meet such quality people through blogging.  What an awesome experience this has been!



On a similar note, I was recently nominated for a Liebster award by Katie from A Worker at Home. Katie and I met in college and she blogs about faith, life as a military wife, and her darling family. The Liebster Award is a blog award where bloggers nominate fellow up-and-coming bloggers who currently have less than 200 followers.

(How many times can I use the word "blog" in one post? I dare you to turn this into a drinking game. I claim no responsibility!)

So Katie posted eleven questions for me to answer. Here are my responses:

1. What is your favorite season and why? Fall is always lovely but I'm a Summer girl at heart.  I always have been and always will be a total beach bum!
 2. Why do you blog? I started this blog so that Ty and I could stay connected with our friends and family who are scattered throughout the world.  Through this medium I have rediscovered my love of writing and blogging is a great way for me to refine my writing style.  As mentioned above it's also been a great way to meet new friends!
 3. If you could spend a day with anyone in the world (living or dead) who would it be and why? The first person that comes to mind is Nelson Mandela.  I would love to just sit in silence and hear him talk about his incredible life.
 4. What is your favorite hobby (besides blogging)?  Dancing.  I've been a dancer for about 15 years and for me it is the best stress reliever in the world.
5. If you had to eat one kind of food for the rest of your life, what would it be? Pizza. It's the second best stress reliever in the world.
6. What is your dream car? Oh gosh, something electric.  I've never been really into cars.
7. Who inspires you?  My dad. He is so driven and lives life with endless optimism.
8. What is one of your favorite quotes {or verses}? "Comparison is the thief of joy"- something I have to remind myself of constantly!
9. Do you prefer birthdays or holidays? Why? Holidays... birthdays carry too much pressure to feel special.
10. Mountains or the beach? Beach, although I love Southern California because we get both!
11.What was your favorite class you've ever taken? "The Christian Faith" my Junior year of college.  It was so challenging and enriching, both academically and spiritually.  Plus it's where I met my husband ;)

So now it's my turn to nominate.  Obviously I'm nominating Caitlin and Stephanie!  No pressure to join in, but if you do feel like participating here are your questions:

1. If you could travel anywhere in the world where would it be?
2. Do you prefer reading or writing?
3. What is your favorite holiday?
4. What's the best vacation you've ever taken?
5. How long have you been blogging?
6. Cats or Dogs?
7. What's the last movie you watched?
8. Favorite item in your closet?
9. Shameful song you shamelessly know all the words to?
10. How do you eat your oreos?
11. What's your favorite holiday?

Thanks to everyone who's been a part of this blogging journey with us.  We're having a blast!

2 comments

  1. Love this! :)
    And I was so hoping you'd catch that it's the Chicago skyline!
    And thanks so much for the Liebster Award nom :) you're so sweet! Such a fun idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great box! I've heard that Tina Fey book is fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete