Rosemary Lime Spritzer

Tuesday, July 16, 2013



I really truly keep intending to post pictures from our trip to Yosemite.  However it seems that every morning when I get to my computer at work (uploading pictures to my ancient home laptop would certainly cause it to self-implode) I find that I have, yet again, forgotten the camera.  I know, excuses excuses.  I promise it will happen.  Soon! In the meantime, though, I'm just going to keep posting cocktail recipes.


It's no secret that I like herbs in my beverages.  My father-in-law makes fun of me for this all the time.  In fact, while we were in Yosemite he brought me up a beer that had coriander and sage in it!  For our wedding our signature cocktail was homemade lavender lemonade with mint infused vodka. (Convenient since our wedding colors were lavender and mint!) So it's no surprise that when I discovered this recipe by Joy the Baker I had to make it immediately.  It's easy, quick, and so refreshing.


Rosemary Lime Spritzer
adapted from Joy the Baker

Ingredients

  • Rosemary Simple Syrup
  • Juice from 1 lime wedge
  • 1 shot vodka
  • 4 oz. lime flavored sparkling water

Instructions

To make the rosemary simply syrup, simmer 1/2 cup sugar with 1/2 cup water and 5 large sprigs fresh rosemary.  (If fresh is not available, it can be substituted with 1 tsp dried).  Once sugar is dissolved, allow syrup to cool for 15 min.  Strain out rosemary.  Syrup can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one week.

Mix 2 Tbsp simple syrup with vodka and sparkling water over ice.  Squeeze in lime juice and garnish with rosemary sprig.

No comments

Post a Comment