Celebrations

Monday, July 8, 2013



I spent this weekend celebrating all kinds of things- independence, babies, homecomings, and marriage!

 
My dear friend Casey returned home after spending a year teaching English in China.  I feel pretty confident in speaking on behalf of the entire American population and saying that the US is glad to have her back!


We obviously celebrated Fourth of July which is hands-down my favorite holiday.  Don't get me wrong, I adore Christmas.  But there's something about the carefree nature of Independence Day that I love.  No one ever has super high expectations, but it's a day that is always spent with good food, friends + family, and fireworks.  I feel an atypical sense of American pride on the 4th when I think of all the freedoms I get to enjoy that so many others in the world may never know... such as wearing an "iPood" shirt in public.


Another one of my dearest friends is about to have a baby! We celebrated her and her baby girl with a beautiful shower filled with friends and family.


Yet another close friend of mine (who wrote the article mentioned here) is getting married! She was radiant at her bridal shower and I can't even imagine how jaw-dropping she is going to look on her wedding day.

Though I didn't get to see Ty as much as I typically do on the weekends, I had an amazing time celebrating some of the wonderful ladies in my life.  Many of my friends are spread out all over the country (and world!) so I really do cherish the time I get to spend with them.


Thanks for reading!

Top image via

No comments

Post a Comment