Let me tell you about my dad...

Sunday, June 16, 2013



Ten years ago in the blink of an eye he became a widowed single father left to raise a 13 year old girl all on his own.  Over the course of the past ten years he has worn many hats: not just that of a father, but of a mother, cheerleader, breadwinner, business owner, teacher, counselor, hair-doer, tear-wiper, and friend.



The cards didn't always fall in his favor but he always accepted the hands he was dealt with grace and optimism.  He has been the biggest supporter of everything I've done in my life (he even became the booster president of my dance team- now that's dedication.)  He has provided a place to celebrate my successes, as well as a safe place to accept my failures.  He was the shoulder I cried on when my heart was broken and the first person I called to inform that I had a crush on a boy named Tyler.



He lives life with an open mind and open heart and has shared his life- flaws included- with authenticity.  He has taught me to live my own life viewing each situation, be it good or bad, through the lens of hope and opportunity.



 Happy Father's Day to my best friend! 

4 comments

  1. loved this!!! happy father's day to such an amazing man :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Elizabeth! He is definitely an inspiration :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like an amazing father. Loving these photos of the two of you! Thanks for sharing! Xo, M&K at brewedtogether.com

    ReplyDelete