East Coast Adventures Part II- New York

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

I apologize for how long it's taken me to get these pictures up.  I know you've all been waiting with bated breath (that's sarcasm, for the record) and the boring story is that when I uploaded these pictures the formatting was all wonky (that's the technical term for it) and it's been such a pain in the arse to resize and reposition every. single. picture. that I've just been putting it off.

With that said, our time in New York was fantastic.  We were SO lucky to be hosted by some wonderfully hospitable friends in Brooklyn and had a great time exploring the city.  We woke up to our first day on my birthday, which I tend to have a love/hate relationship with.  That's a story for another time.  Anyway, this birthday was made incredibly special by my doting husband and the energy of New York.  Obviously the day started out with my favorite food on the planet.


This was my attempt at a secret picture because I had a feeling they would shoot me terribly mean looks if we came off too touristy

Next stop was the Highline: definitely my favorite spot in NY




...followed by coffee and cribbage at the Starbucks inside 30 Rockefeller




After I was adequately caffeinated we headed to Central Park.  It's no secret that I love parks, especially on my birthday.  I easily could have sat on a bench all day long and people watched. (That's actually on my bucket list.)





Speaking of people creeping watching, can we talk about this adorable child?? She was so stoked on these ducks.  I pretended she was French which just made her even cuter.  I want to live my life like she's living in this moment.  I considered asking the mom for her email so I could send her this gem, but that would mean  admitting I had shamelessly creeped on her kid which is probably borderline illegal.








Next stop was the fulfillment of another dream: macarons from La Duree.  In case you haven't noticed, most of my dreams revolve around food.



























     


For dinner Ty took me to a rooftop restaurant/ beer garden where I stuffed my face to my heart's content because it was my birthday and no one is allowed to tell you you're eating too much on your birthday.

      

The pinnacle of the night was yet another bucket list item: the Empire State Building. (side note- I first typed "eiffel tower." Guess I have France on the brain.) I'm sure anyone who is from New York and may be reading this is rolling their eyes (I see you Rob) but you know what? I love Sleepless in Seattle. So sue me.  It was totally worth the overpriced ticked and ridiculously long security line because it's the freakin' eiffel tower  Empire State Building!!










The night appropriately ended with more Italian food.


Oh yeah, we were there for a few more days and did other neat things aside from celebrating my birth.






feeling particularly sassy in Chinatown


Thank you to all of our friends in New York for taking the time to host us and show us around.  It was a blast!!

No comments

Post a Comment