Our Wedding Part IV: Reception

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Okay, let me just say this- I am fully aware that the incessant posts about our wedding are a little obnoxious. This is the last one, I promise.  I'm not even going to make excuses for myself here, I'm just going to go ahead and embrace being that girl for the time being.

Now that that's off my chest, Let me tell you something about our wedding day. It was balls hot. The entire week leading up to the wedding was a pleasant high-of-82 kind of week.  Not on July 21st though.  Sacramento was gearing up for the freak thunderstorm stunt it was going to pull on Sunday so not only was it in the 100-degree range, it was also humid as all get out.  You will see in the following pictures that everyone was a hot sweaty mess, myself included.  But you know what? I don't think many people really cared (and if they did they had the decency to not tell me).  I sure didn't!



{Thank you to our sweet friends Josh and Hilary at Bleu de Toi for our awesome guestbook!}







(Didn't I say you would  just wither up on the floor from the sweetness that is the Carpenter children?)



Let me just tell you a quick story about this lavender.  A couple weeks before the wedding I was standing in the grocery store, buying a bundle of fresh lavender and wishing we could have it at the wedding.  It's a Scottish wedding staple and I just love it.  Unfortunately, the wholesale flower market from which we were buying did not have any.  As I was in the checkout line at the grocery store, the man behind me said "you know... if you want more of that, I have a ton of it in my front yard."  I jumped at the prospect and got his information.  The next day The Jayneses and I were at a friend's 4th of July party, and out of nowhere lavender man walks in!  Turns out he was good friends with the party hosts.  He ran home and brought back a huge bucket of lavender that he and his wife had picked for us for the wedding.  They also let us come over later that week to pick the rest of what we needed.  If that's not evidence that God cares about the little, insignificant details in our lives, then I don't know what is.


We were so thankful to Ty's parents (and the neighbors!) for letting us have the reception in the backyard




















This picture of my daddy just kills me...




















the dancing face.






Thanks to everyone who was there for giving us such a special wedding day.  And thanks to everyone who reads this blog for letting me drag this thing out for the past three months.  You really are the tops!




4 comments

  1. SO MUCH HAPPINESS IN THESE PICTURES! I just about shriveled up and died as all the happiness and love flooded out of my while browsing these pictures. I should go rehydrate myself with my second batch of carrot-apple-ginger soup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bahaha I don't know how I'm just seeing this comment but I love it. Thanks roommaaaate!

      Delete
  2. OMG, I LOVED THIS! Read it within ten minutes probably? Hehe, super cute wedding! Oh and I love love love love love (incase I haven't said love enough) the finger print tree guest book! Such a good idea :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks so much Carolina!! Your comments totally made my day :) And yeah, some friends of ours copyrighted that guestbook idea so we felt super lucky when they gifted us one for our wedding. It makes a great center piece on our living room wall!

      Delete